Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pinterest inspiration

I'm finally addressing the big wall in the dining room that so badly needs art work. We're planning on doing a photo wall like this:

From Martha Stewart

I found the image on Pinterest (see my boards here). I like photo walls in general, but I like that this one is less chaotic since the photos are aligned along an imaginary middle line. I dig.

It's going to take us a while though. For one, we don't want to buy any new frames since we have so many. But unfortunately they are not the right color. We will be doing a lot of spray painting. Then we'll have to decide which photos and/or artwork to print for the wall.

In the meantime, I wanted to share some other beautiful spaces that I discovered via Pinterest. Please view my 'Home Inspiration' board for the original sources.

7 comments:

Steph October 2, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I love pinterest so much. I've nabbed a ton of great decorating ideas from there, and even more recipe inspiration! I can't wait to see your photo wall :)

We're currently debating how many pictures to hang on our lonely, bare wall in the living room....

Sarah (Mrs. Ruffled Flats) October 2, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I am so in love with that gallery wall! I never would have thought of using a blank strip in the middle to define each side like that. I think it's a great idea! Can't wait to see how your's turns out!

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner October 2, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Ooh, I'm in the process of planning a photo wall too! And I'll also be painting a lot of existing empty frames. :) Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Mike @HA October 3, 2011 at 8:49 AM

That gray bathroom is great! I really like the bedroom with the wood ceiling but to me it's one of those "wouldn't be the same in real life" because I would want to use all those shelves, not keep decorative books on them!

kristi.w. October 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM

Mike - I know exactly what you mean. Those decorative books look nice, but the non-functioning storage aspect would drive me crazy! And it might not look as nice with multi-colored real books.

Katie October 4, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Thanks for sharing that photo wall! I always thought they looked a little chaotic myself (I actually had a "photo corner" back before they were all the blog craze, but I took it down a few months ago because I wanted to repaint and I was just tired of the look. But this? I like the geometric look!

Anonymous September 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I am in love with your bathroom floor! Is it tumbled marble or a combination of several different marbles? IIf you would be willing to share the information I would love to known who the manufacturer is and where you found it! Thank you !

someone else's words

"Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others." - Buddha

© Thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com for providing a great Blogger framework to remix. Hope you don't mind the changes I made.