Love it or hate it, Walmart has some good deals.
First, a quick disclaimer. I'm not going to comment on Walmart's behavior as a corporate giant because I think a lot of their competitors are guilty of the same things. And I'm not going to comment on the people who shop at Walmart because I think that's too mean and pretty judgmental.
But I will say that Rob and I like shopping at Target more these days. We've discovered they have better prices in most of the things we buy regularly (kinda surprising) and better grocery selection. I also like Target's clothes and shoes a lot more.
But there are still a few specific items that we travel to Walmart to buy. Here's one of them.
Mainstays Vanilla candle, $5 for 20 oz jar
I'm always burning candles, and so I've tried quite a few over the years. I love these Mainstay vanilla candles, and here's why:
- Perfect vanilla scent. You know how some vanilla scented products are too sweet and cloying? Or others are too warm and smell kind of nutty or like syrup? This is just a perfect vanilla cake scent. In fact, I've actually tricked my friends into thinking I'm baking a cake or vanilla cookies! I like to give my loved ones false hope, followed by disappointment. Hehe. Anyway, it's sort of similar to Yankee Candle's Buttercream scent, only better.
- The price. $5 for a 20 oz candle! The 20 oz jar candle from Yankee Candle is $26. They also have a smaller 3 oz size for $1, if you'd like to try it first.
- It's strong, but not headache inducing. Some candles don't throw their fragrance very far. Others are too strong and give me a headache. This is perfect. It's a strong fragrance. I've also tried the Better Homes & Garden vanilla candle from Walmart. It has a similar scent, but it barely throws any fragrance.
- They burn a LONG time. I've had some Slatkins brand candles from Bath & Body Works, and while they are nice, they just seem to burn up too quickly. Especially for the price. These Mainstay candles burn forever. Forever! You definitely get your money's worth.
- The jar packaging is nice. I like candles with lids because it's easy to put out the flame without smoking up your house. Also the label peels off easily on these ones, so you are left with a clean, clear jar.
If that's not enough reason to go buy a $5 candle, then I don't know what is.
And while we're on the topic, I just wrote a list of reasons why I love a candle. And took photos. I have truly earned my 'Blog Nerd' badge.