Friday, June 4, 2010

Happy, healthy felines

Embree had to go to the vet last weekend. She has a bald patch on her leg, and we were afraid she might have ringworm or some other kind of skin issue. Turns out she's totally healthy but just a little neurotic. The doc thought she had made herself bald in that area from excessive licking. Needless to say, she was one happy kitty after I brought her home.

Because I'm a fair cat parent, here's a photo of Clyde too:

Oh, and one more:

Now that I think about it, it's not really fair to post cat pictures and leave Murphy out. Here's my boy:

He's a cutie. Ok, one more. Because you insisted.

7 comments:

Sarah @ Dream in Domestic June 4, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Good news! I know how scary taking pets into the vet can be! In January, my parent's brought their (well he's kinda mine too because I baby him so much) Scottish Terrier, Stewart Wallace, to the vet because his ear was really swollen. Turns out he scratched it too hard and broke a blood vessel, causing it to fill up with blood. Gross! He had to have surgery on it which costs about $200. Well, what do you know? He did it again! My dad is going to try to cleanly drain his ear because paying $200 for some one to put a small hole in his ear and stitch it up not very well is pretty ridiculous. Plus, it is hard on Stewart to go there and get put under and everything. We're still trying to figure out exactly how to do it but it should be pretty painless and easy to do without giving him an infection or anything.

Wow - I hope that wasn't TMI! Beautiful photos, by the way.

I need to learn to keep my comments shorter. :P

Kate June 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Love the photos. I'm glad to hear Embree's bald spot was no big deal. My old dog would do that to herself sometimes too and it always freaked me out. Eventually I found out it was partially allergy driven, thank goodness for benadryl!

Danielle and Clint June 4, 2010 at 10:36 AM

One of my kitties did this also a couple years ago! Freaked me out! Turns out she has allergies and had itchy/dry skin. Glad your baby is ok. And nice to see you don't play favorites. :-P

Jessie (Bites and Pieces) June 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Aww, your pets are so cute. I have a very neurotic cat, and he sometimes gives himself bald spots on his head from scratching so much!

Amie June 4, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Pets!! Oh how fun. Abbey Cat knows that the crate means she's going to the vet..it's impossible to get her in there. So sad.

And hug your cats extra today! It's national hug a cat day (I'm not even kidding!)

Laura, Lance, and Vito June 4, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Glad she's ok! You haven't posted the Murph in a while...

Amanda @ Little House on the Corner June 5, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Good pics! Your babies are all very photogenic. (Our cat Phoebe is completely neurotic, too!)

someone else's words

"Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others." - Buddha

© Thanks to Ourblogtemplates.com for providing a great Blogger framework to remix. Hope you don't mind the changes I made.