We've been in our first home for five months now. Even though we've accomplished a lot, it seems that we come up with new future project every day. It's sort of overwhelming. Rob and I made a list of everything we'd like to do. I wrote it all down so I can have the joy of crossing off completed tasks.
(Updated as of 6/30/09)
Upstairs bedroom remodel (tear down wall paper, paint ceiling and accent walls, curtains. Plant vegetable garden. Build dog kennel. Build gate for porch. Demo basement.
- Remodel basement/ Framing, dry wall, wood laminate flooring, built-in shelving. Paint and decorate (in progress)
- Garage repair (need some structural support so I don't end up a squashed wifey while getting out of my car one day).
- Rip up carpet in dining room (in progress).
- Landscaping. Lay down some grass seed, tear up unsightly front yard bushes, plant new shrubs and plants.
- Paint and decorate art studio/office (in progress).
- Re-finish entertainment center (formerly Rob's grandma's armoire) (in progress).
- Upstairs bedroom remodel part II. Tear up carpet, install hard wood floors, knock down half wall and replace with railing.
- Update kitchen. Tear down wall paper, add slate back splash, possibly new countertops, possibly new floor tiling, paint.
- Re-finish dining room table (also formerly Rob's grandma's).
- Put in a second bathroom (upstairs).
- Re-finish hard woods in dining room and main level bedrooms.
- Main level bathroom remodel/update. Paint, wall tiling, floor tiling, open closet.
- Brick driveway and walkway.
- Build 6' wooden privacy fence.
- Build new deck.
- Paint living room.